Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Turn-It-Down Tuesday: December 20

Tonight’s blog post will be short mainly because it’s Christmas on Sunday and I have a lot of present wrapping to do before then and tonight’s really the only night I can make a dent in it! It’ll also be short because I’m not really “in the mood” for writing – if you can believe that!

There are no new major developments to write about. I didn’t fall this past week and got along pretty well. However, I have a cut on my toe (the one next to my pinkie – what do call that toe?!) and it’s been driving me nuts all week. I got the cut because my toes kept rubbing up against my shoe. My toes kept rubbing against my shoe because my foot (and therefore my toes) kept getting spasms and my foot (therefore my toes as well) kept getting spasms because (I’ve come to the conclusion) I had the electricity in my deep brain stimulation device set too high. I also have a major callous on that foot (the left one) because again of the way I’ve been walking. My foot is covered in Band-Aids! So, with that being said, I actually turned the electricity down by .20 volts to 2.70. I am really, really trying to learn what’s “too much” and what’s “too little.” My conclusion: I still have a lot of learning left to do. ;) I’ve been praying about what I was supposed to do today: Turn the electricity up? Turn the electricity down? Do nothing? Now I wait and see if what I did (turning it down) was the right thing to do. If not, I can always turn it back up again.


I so want to be able to see results IMMEDIATELY!! God is still teaching me patience. I'm a very slow learner when it comes to that! ;) But, I cannot – will not – get discouraged this week because it’s Christmas!! I won’t focus on whether I can or cannot walk, but I will focus on the JOY that this season is all about.

For now, I’ll watch and wait and maybe even adjust the electricity more before next Tuesday, but whether I fall, stand tall, walk without issue or walk with nothing but issue – I’ll rejoice for the Lord Jesus Christ was born a baby in Bethlehem and all to grow up and die for ME (and YOU) and rise again to declare victory over sin, death and the devil. So…yes, I will REJOICE in ALL things because after all…GOD’s GOT This!!

No comments:

Post a Comment