Thursday, April 28, 2016

Could It Be?!

Could it be that I’m starting to see signs of a miracle taking place? Yesterday (Wednesday, April 27) while sitting at my desk at work, I think I felt signs of electricity hitting my toes on my left foot. I ever so slightly exclaimed to my co-worker, “I think I felt something in my toes!” She asked if that was a good thing and I said yes! I wasn’t expecting it since I had turned the electricity up the day before and had only felt something in my fingers. Then I started questioning myself. Maybe I thought I felt something. Maybe it was something else that caused the sensation. All of this happened right before lunch. I didn’t tell anyone except my one co-worker. I felt the sensation on and off the rest of the day and I kept questioning myself, wondering if the sensation was real, or if I just wanted it to be! But it was there. In my middle toe on my left foot. I was in the best mood yesterday afternoon because of this. By the time I went to church last night, I couldn’t wait to tell Mom and Dad. I was SO EXCITED!!!

I thought about writing a post last night and sharing the news, but then I thought, “What if it’s not real? What if I say something and get people all excited (myself included) and it turns out to be nothing?” So, I decided not to post, but I couldn't contain my excitement. God reminded me that He's still here. He's still listening and He still cares.

An incredible thing happened this morning. I got out of bed and I knew something was different. Right away I knew what was different: the middle toe on my left foot was straighter then it’s ever been! A little back story is needed here. When I was in high school, I broke my toe. Not my big toe or my pinky toe. I had to do it big and break the exact-in-the-middle-of-my-foot toe. :) It’s because of this break that my toe has never really laid flat or straight since – it always curls up. But today, today it was laying flatter than it has in years. I felt more confident on my feet this morning. I took this picture after I had exercised on the bike this morning for an hour. I really should have taken the picture as soon as I got up because after exercising, it wasn't as straight or relaxed as it had been, but oh well! You can also see in this picture that, in contrast to my right foot and toes, my left foot and toes are scrunched up. That's the dystonia. But, one step at a time, right? I'll start with one toe being straighter then it has been. I'll move up from there!


Whether it turns out to be something or nothing, I’m giving glory to God. Just a twitch of electricity felt in my middle toe on my left foot has put the BIGGEST smile on my face and joy in my heart. Once again God has given me hope!!


I also want to mention that I was completely overwhelmed with love yesterday when I checked my mailbox and saw a package in it. The package was actually a beautiful scarf from a college friend that I have not seen in 14 years. Fourteen years!!!! But because of the magic of Facebook we have kept in contact. She is now a missionary with her husband and kids in Ecuador. She wrote me a note and said that was I famous in Ecuador because when they meet every Wednesday morning for prayers, they pray over me. I am so humbled by this. Ironically, we started calling Andrea, “Sparky” because she was jolted by a bolt of electricity when she tried to fix an outlet in a dorm room during our college days. Do you remember that, Andrea?! I’m so glad you didn’t die or get hurt or anything!!! It’s ironic that I get your gift on the same day I felt electricity – haha!! But then again, it's not ironic - it's a God Thing!! Thank you, Andrea for your sweet gift which I will wear endlessly and your even sweeter spirit. The love of God was evident to me in your sweet actions and words.


Ya’ll, I’m riding on a high right now. It’s not drug-induced or exercise-induced. It’s hope-induced. Thank you, Jesus for sending me (even in the tiniest of actions) hope.

My prayer is that the whole world will know what God has done in my life. Whether big (allowing me to walk walker and cane free) or small (a tiny twitch of electricity in my middle toe on my left foot), I will rejoice in the Lord and bring glory to His name.

It's a Thumbs-Up Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment