Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Two Posts in Two Days

Your eyes are not deceiving you - this is a second post from me in as many days. This post is because I got a call from Vanderbilt today and I have an appointment set up for January 7 at 3:15pm with my neurosurgeon! If I had known yesterday that Vanderbilt would be calling me today, I would have held off on yesterday's post! Oh well - such is life!!

I also confirmed that there would be three procedures/surgeries involved. Two of them are outpatient and one is an overnight stay:

Stage 1 - MRI with bone markers (outpatient)

Stage 2 - awake implantation of DBS electrodes (inpatient)

Stage 3 - implantation of battery pack (outpatient)

I found all the reading material that had been sent to me in the very beginning and have been going over it again. I'm not sure yet if I'm scaring myself or just trying to be prepared for things. :)

Thank you for all the prayers!! Continued prayers for insurance approval of everything and complete success of the surgeries are very much appreciated. This is an adventure I never thought I'd be on, but in every step I'm reminded that God's got this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment