Friday, December 4, 2015

An Answer

I got the call from my neurologist at Vanderbilt that I was expecting today. He said that the DBS Conference (I finally found out that that is the official name!) was held this morning and he brought my case up again to all in attendance. He presented the new findings and guess what?!!! I've been approved for deep brain stimulation surgery! Yay - a 1,000 times over!!!!

He again stated that my case is unique and they all agreed on that, but they also all agreed that if I was still game, DBS surgery would be the next step.

I've never been so happy or so scared about a surgery in my life, but I'm leaving it all in God's hands.

The next step is to get an appointment with the neurosurgeon. Vanderbilt is supposed to call me back on that. Today's call was only to inform me that I've been approved. :)

Now, more waiting and praying. Thank you all for traveling this road with me. There are still many steps to take before the actual deep brain stimulation and I'm trying not to get too excited (either in a good or bad way) about anything. It's not a done deal until it's a done deal!

However, today I'm celebrating a huge victory. I've said this before and I'll say it again: I don't know the future, but I know the ONE who holds my future. On this fact, I will rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment