Friday, April 25, 2014

His Eye is On the Sparrow

For the past couple of days I have been worried. I know, I know - it's wrong to worry, but I have been nonetheless. Worried about grown-up things - like paying the bills and stuff like that :) I've been praying about it and seeking the Lord's will. But, I'm still worrying!!!

On a side note - I get songs stuck in my head ALL THE TIME. If you don't believe me, ask my co-workers :) They'll tell you that all they need to do is say one or two words of a song and I've got that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Same goes for commercial ditties and anything put to music - haha! It's almost annoying :)

Back to why I'm writing this post. So, I've been worried about bills and having "enough". Well yesterday, I was at work and out of the blue I got a song stuck in my head. I had no clue how I got it in my head in the first place since I hadn't listened to it or heard it playing. It just popped in. After thinking about it for awhile though, now - I know exactly how it got stuck in my head: God put it there!! The song is "His Eye is On the Sparrow"

Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come,
Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heav’n and home,
When Jesus is my portion? My constant Friend is He:
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Refrain:
I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears;
Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise,
When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies,
I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

I've had the song rolling in my head non-stop since yesterday afternoon. I was speaking with a co-worker this morning and she told me that having the song stuck in my head was God speaking to me. He knows my needs and will provide. I need not worry. He says it again and again in His Word. My absolute favorite Bible verse re-instates this as well: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

I need not worry because God's got me in the palm of His hand.

"29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.[a] 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Matthew 19:29-30

I shall not worry because the Lord has declared that I am worth more than many sparrows!!! And he cares for the sparrows, so I know He watches me!!!

An amazing promise from the Lord! I shall not worry. I will rest "on his goodness and lose my doubts and fears." I hope this post brings you hope if you too may be worrying. "His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me". Amen and Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment