Monday, March 10, 2014

Parade of Tables

On March 1, my church, Grace Lutheran, hosted its annual Parade of Tables. Every year there's a new theme and a new charity money is raised for. This year the theme was "Movies" and the charity was Smoky Mountain Service Dogs. I was asked to host a table. So after much deliberation, I chose the movie...."27 Dresses".
With that being the theme, of course I had to have exactly 27 Dresses to go along with it :) Thankfully - between my Mom, myself, my godmother, and a couple of ladies at church - I ended up with my "27 Dresses".

Here's a sample of some of the other tables.
                   South Pacific: 
                   Mary Poppins:
                        Grease:
                      Castaway:
Frozen:

There were many, many more and all were fabulous!

There was food of course and entertainment provided by Knoxville Area Dulcimer club:

The event raised money for Smoky Mountain Service Dogs which trains dogs to be mobility partners for wounded veterans and also for autistic children. They train them to pick things up, help a veteran or child up and down stairs, open doors and many, many more things. Here's Bella, one of the service dogs:


In total $2,645.00 was raised for Smoky Mountain Service Dogs. 

It was a fabulous day, with lots of fun and all for a good cause. Thanks to everyone who participated and especially to Nancy, Carrie, my Mom, Aubrey, Katie and Lisa who sat at my table. You all made the day extra special :)



No comments:

Post a Comment