Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Things that put a smile on my face

There are so many things in life that bring a smile to my face. But I, like most every one else, get so tied up in the often times mundane details of every day life, that I forget to smile and be happy about the simple things. Today, I took the time to write down the things that brought a smile to my face and I've decided to share. Some are silly, some are more deep, but here they are:

- It's Wednesday - which means it's hump day, which reminds me of the commercial with the camel asking "what day is it?", which makes me think of camels, which puts a smile on my face!! (I know I've mentioned the camel commercial before on the blog, but it brings me so much happiness, I decided to mention it again!!)
- Both American Idol and Duck Dynasty premiere tonight and even better they don't overlap each other which means, after church I'll be watching TV all night long - haha!!
- It's church night - I love getting a middle of the week pick-me-up, worshipping the Lord and seeing all my church family. It was a great sermon by Dad on salt and light.
- I slept an extra 5 minutes this morning (however, it was NOT on purpose!!) and still made it to work at my normal time :)
- It didn't snow last night!!! Sorry for all those who love snow, but I'm a Southern girl and like warm weather :)
- I have an AWESOME job that I love going to every day. I seriously could not ask for a better a job. I realize how extremely blessed I am even to have a job at all, but to have one in my field and one that I love with all my heart - that's a blessing that can only come from God!!
- I got all my Christmas decorations taken down and put away this past weekend - which means I don't have to worry about taking them down anymore and all my Valentine's decor is up.
- Stuart (my brother) made me dinner last night (spaghetti) which meant I didn't have to worry about what to feed myself!
- I watched Chicago Fire last night which always puts me in a good mood!
- I've had the song "Whom Shall I Fear" by Chris Tomlin, which I affectionately refer to as the "Angel Armies" song, stuck in my head all day. As opposed to other songs (like jingles from TV commercials!) I don't mind having this song stuck on repeat in my brain!
- I type the date a lot during the work day and all day today I was dyslexic and kept typing 1/14/15, thereby jumping ahead a year. It made me laugh every time I did it, because you would think that after the third or fourth (or fifteenth!) time, I would have gotten it right. But logic said: "14 goes before 15" thereby having me type the wrong date all day today!
- I like the outfit I'm wearing today. I'm dressed all in gray, which normally isn't a happy inducing color, but I have a green shirt on under my gray sweater and I'm wearing my fun tights (they are striped)....so I like my outfit!!
- A rainbow showed up on my desk at work. It's just another reminder of God's promises!
- It was a full moon tonight and absolutely stunning!!
- I got to talk to my best friend, Julie on the phone. Since we live in different states, it's always awesome when I get to talk to her!!

I know the difference between happiness and joy. While most of the things above will bring me temporary happiness, I know that true joy comes from the One who gave me life to experience the happy things in. I know that happiness is fleeting and circumstantial, but joy is everlasting. May you have joy in your heart and in your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment