Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Tune-In-Tuesday: September 21, 2021

This is going to be a short post as not a lot has changed, but I made it a month and a few days on "Group D". However, on Saturday I decided enough was enough and I went back to my tried and true "Group A". (This is all in my deep brain stimulation device). I didn't feel stable at all in "Group D" - so whatever part of the brain it gives electricity to is obviously not the part of the brain that I need electricity in right now. I was in for a little surprise when I made the switch from "D" back to "A". On "D", I was at 2.90 volts. When I switched back to "A" it automatically went back to what I was on previously which was 3.60 volts and instantly - and I do mean instantly - my left hand curled into a ball. I couldn't get the electricity down fast enough. I thought to myself, "NOW, I know what my neurologist means when he says that some of his Parkinson's patients get instant results". Unfortunately, it's not my hand that gives me most of my problems - it's my leg and foot and it takes the electricity about two weeks to get there and/or to see any difference. I did find it rather curious though that my hand did react that severely to being at 3.60 volts since that is what I was at a little over a month ago and had no problems with my hand. I guess it's one of those things where I have to gradually build back up again (if need be) and hopefully I won't have to, but we'll see. As of Saturday I'm in "Group A" at 3.10 volts. I haven't seen a massive change in my walking, but it's only been four days. :) 

And now you're up-to-date. Oh, I also bought more band-aids - you know, just in case I fall. You can never be too prepared! 

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a blessed week ahead. 

Always remember...God's Got This!

2 comments:

  1. When I read this, I immediately thought: "Stephanie has a thorn in the flesh just as the Apostle Paul did." I just looked up this passage in Holy Scripture about Paul's thorn in the flesh, to reread it: "There was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

    8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

    9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

    10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." (2Corinthians Ch12)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above comment was from your Oma's goddaughter Marilyn Irene Keller Rittmeyer. God be with you always, dear Stephanie. I am sorry for your suffering.

    ReplyDelete