Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Tune-In-Tuesday: May 18, 2021

I'm actually updating this blog on a Tuesday this week - it's a miracle!! :) 

I don't have too much to update on considering I just updated on Friday, but I usually find something to talk about, so who knows how long this post will actually turn out to be.

Walking has not been the best, but not the worst either. I haven't fallen and  I use the cane when walking into/out of places. I had it in my head that my next neurology appointment was June 8. It is not. It's actually in August. Good thing I checked. So...I may play with the settings in my DBS system, I may not. Life has been really busy lately and I haven't wanted to mess with it. ANY type of excitement can throw off my walking.

I had yoga today for the first time in three weeks (with my brother's wedding and then my yoga instructor being on vacation this was the first time we could meet) and it was wonderful. I missed it and am so glad to be back at it. I'll probably be sore tomorrow (but a good sore!). 

Has there ever been something you've wanted to do in life but haven't been able to for whatever reason? I've had two dreams since my teenager years that I still daydream about, but don't know if they'll ever come to fruition. Don't laugh, but I've always wanted to be an actress in a TV show or movie and I've always wanted to ice skate. There I said it. :)

Ever since we moved to Tennessee when I was 13 and I met Kellie Martin ('Life Goes On' and 'ER' fame), I've wanted to be an actress. Kellie was starring in a TV show called 'Christy' that was filmed in Townsend, TN near where I live. Since meeting her and seeing some of the set of where 'Christy' was filmed, I've wanted to be on TV and the movies and have my name up in lights and be recognized in grocery stores - ha!! I took an acting class when I was a teenager and while I absolutely LOVED it, I was way too shy to ever audition for anything. I'm still way too shy. I just want to be one of those actresses that's discovered just walking down the street or something. I don't want to have to actually audition for anything! ;) I also wear my heart on my sleeve. If I'm sad, I cry, if I'm hangry, you're going to know it. If I'm mad, you'll see it. So, maybe acting isn't really for me, but it is something I've always wanted to try.

I've also always wanted to be a figure skater, more specifically, a pairs figure skater. All the jumps, twists, twirls, athleticism (A former boss and I would get into discussions on whether figure skating was actually a sport. I said yes, he said no. It was a friendly little debate we would always have.), artistry...I love it all. Ya'll, I think I've only ever been figure skating once (before dystonia symptoms) and it was a disaster. I couldn't keep myself upright on the ice - haha!! Now, with dystonia, it would probably be just as big of a disaster as it was the first time but magnified by ten. Or maybe not. I've read stories of people with dystonia who can't walk, but can run without issue. Maybe I can't walk right, but maybe I can ice skate?! I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try it. I mean, I don't want to break my neck!! Maybe I'll just stick to watching it on TV and daydreaming about it.

I don't know why I decided to tell you all of that in this blog. It has nothing to do with dystonia. It has nothing to do with what this blog is all about. They are just silly dreams of mine. I just felt like writing and that's what came out. When I start to write, I never know what I'll end up with. But there you have it, you've gotten a glimpse of what I daydream about from time to time. Anyone else do this?

I hope everyone's having a fantastic week. Always remember...God's Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment