Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Tune-In-Tuesday: Sun, Sand and Sea


Is it just me, or does anyone else get sad when they return from vacation? Don’t get me wrong, I love my job and my home life and routine, but I also get sad and a little blue when returning from vacation. I miss the family time and the relaxation and the sun, sand and sea. I had a great week last week at the BEACH!! And, thankfully, after returning from the beach, it’s been sunny and hot here at home: just the way I like it!

How was everyone’s Easter? Mine was lovely. My dad even gave me (and this blog) a shout-out in his Easter sermon. He talked about what I always say on here – God’s Got This!

While it was great to be at the beach, it didn’t rid me entirely of walking problems. Well, that is when I wasn’t on the sand. On the sand, for whatever reason, I’m FREE!!! (A little disclaimer here: it has to be the fluffy sand or sand that gives, I do have problems on hard sand.) I walk without issue, without fear of falling. I walk like everyone else, but once my feet hit the pavement, I’m back to having issues. Only God knows why this is. πŸ˜‰ Doctors can’t explain it, I can’t explain it, it just is.


I met a cute lifeguard – Joe - while at the beach. And, it wasn’t because I needed a lifeguard – haha!! πŸ˜‰ As we were talking, he asked if I had a pacemaker. I’m not going to lie; the question threw me. Sometimes I totally forget that I have a visible scar that’s made even more visible in a swimsuit! I don’t care at all if people ask me about it, I just wasn’t expecting the question and like I mentioned earlier, he was rather cute, so I think that had a lot to do with it too. So, I stumbled in responding, but did manage to tell him it wasn’t a pacemaker; that it was a deep brain stimulation device. He quickly said I didn’t have to tell him about it, but I wanted to, so I did. He said that he must be extra cautious with people on the beach that have pacemakers. We talked a little longer until he got a call and had to go.

Anyway, I think that’s all I've got to report, but then again, I’ll probably think of something else as soon as I post this (which is normally what happens!). The past 2 weeks since I last posted have not been void of problems. I’ve fallen, and I’ve had bad moments, but you know what? That’s life. Sometimes it’s just going to be bad, but God is bigger than all of that. He shows up in the unexpected and He lavishes His grace on me in ways that make me want to just stand there dumbfounded with jaw wide open because of His goodness. God’s Got This!

No comments:

Post a Comment