Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Tune-In Tuesday: January 24

Hello again!! Thanks for stopping by. ;) It’s Tuesday, which means I'm writing another blog post. Grab a taco (because, remember, it is Tuesday!) and read along if you so desire.

Looking back over the week that's been, I can honestly say that I got where I needed to go and back again and I didn’t fall once. So, I’m doing alright. I’m still at the same level of electricity in my brain as I had last week (3.60 volts on Frequency C). My walking hasn’t been the smoothest or easiest, but hey, I’m still walking, so it’s all good. It's still 1,000 times better then before deep brain stimulation! I’ve had some minor issues with my left hand as well, but again, it’s still useable and for that, I’m thankful!

Exercise. I’ve talked about it before on here. I was introduced to it about 4 or 5 years ago and it’s amazing! However, I’m not going to talk about it in this post except to say that sometimes I feel my most beautiful after a workout. Today I thought I’d take a picture of myself after this morning’s exercise session. When I got in front of the mirror, I realized I wasn’t looking or feeling my most beautiful after all. HA! But, I decided to take the picture anyway, so here’s what you get…


House, M.D. Yep...Dr. House! Everyone comments on my phone case, so I decided he'd be my face today. After all, the face behind the phone was sweaty and didn't have a stitch of makeup on. I don't care what anybody says, I look a thousand times better with makeup on then I do au natural. ;) Today’s workout was a little monumental in that for the very first time in almost a year I wore the teeny tiniest of ponytails. You can’t see it at all in the above picture, but I promise you it’s there. My hair is JUST BARELY long enough to do it.

Speaking of hair, I was in the hair care aisle the other day at the store and a woman looked over at me and said, “You have curly hair, can I ask you something? My daughter has curly hair and I have no idea what shampoo or products to use for it. What do you use?” It was a simple conversation, but it also meant that I have hair again and it’s at a length that people actually cut their hair to and no one knows that I’m still growing it out from having it completely shaved. YAY!!

It's simple things like that, that make me smile. I’ve had several people say they like the length of my hair. I’m still uncertain. Some days, I love it, some days I don’t. I know it’s like that with everyone, but I haven’t decided what length I like the best. I know I need to get it shaped up, but I have a date in mind that I want to get to before even having that done. As of now, it’s long enough for me to twirl in my fingers and for those that know me really well - well, you know that’s my nervous habit. ;) I’m TRYING to break myself of it, but it’s like muscle memory, now that hair is there, I instinctively reach for it. ;)


On an entirely different subject, something little that makes me feel good about myself is taking the stairs. I have not mastered going down them yet, but going up them is a different story. I can actually run up them. I feel normal again when I walk up them. My co-workers tend to be bewildered. I can see why. I still use a cane to walk on flat surfaces, I can’t by any means go down stairs the normal way, but walking up them, I can do – thank you, Lord! So if you hear of any competitions in which all you have to do is run up the stairs, sign me up. ;)

Speaking of running…late yesterday afternoon, I heard a co-worker run to her office and a piece of me was jealous. What is wrong with me?! I’ve never, ever, even-in-the-tiniest way, ever wanted to run, but now I do. Maybe the question should be, “What’s gotten into me?” Seriously, now all of the sudden I want to run? This is crazy talk.

Next Tuesday is my Vanderbilt neurologist appointment. I'm nervous and anxious about it, so I try not to think about it. I know that nothing will happen that God doesn't have His hand on already. I know that. I just have to keep reminding myself that in everything, through everything...GOD’S GOT THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment